Free Language Exchange
Free English Class
Study English in Niagara Falls
Study English in Toronto
How to Shop
Food Clothes Basics
How to Shop for Food
Shop for Winter Clothes
How to Shop for Fitness
How to Shop for Hostels
How to Shop for Homestay
Shop for Homestay Tutors
Student Residence Ownership
Phone & Internet Info
How to Shop for Telephones
How to Shop for Cellphones
Shop for Internet Phones
Long Distance Services
How to Shop for Computers
How to Shop for Internet ISP
How to Shop for Car Rentals
How to Shop for Credit Cards
Florida Tour for Students
Shop for Immigration services
Follow us !
Sentence Master Home
Free Writing Practice
Sentence Grid Quiz
How to Write Sentences
English Grammar eBook
Quick Directory Links
School Registration Info
ESL English Teachers
Homestay for Students
Work Experience Program
ESL Youtube Videos
How to Shop for Homestay
Homestay can be a wonderful experience for international students in Canada. There are some terrific families that take a genuine interest in the international students and provide
a wealth of experience and care to the students. Students can contact ESL in Canada about staying at a homestay family.
Look for the Network Club "How to shop for the best prices" Seminar.
Example Student Homestay Residence in Toronto
- 2 private bedrooms $400 each per month with own cable TV
- Shared bathroom with fellow ESL student
- Central air conditioning
- Unlimited high speed Internet and Pentium computer
- Quite and friendly established west end neighborhood
- One bus ride to subway, 35 minutes to downtown Toronto
- Walking distance to Cineplex Theatre and shopping malls
- Share modern kitchen for meal preparation
- Laundry facility
- grocery shopping can be arranged with the Homestay family
- Smoke free and pet free
Student's Bedroom 1
Student's Bedroom 2
Living and Dining Room
Student's high speed PC
How to Shop for a HOMESTAY in Canada
Questions to Ask
- Do I receive a written copy of the rules and responsibilities of the homestay?
- Is my homestay contract with the family, homestay contractor or the school?
- If there is a problem who do I complain to or ask for a refund?
- If my homestay is inadequate is seven days notice enough to change?
- Where is the homestay located?
- Is commuting time less than 30 minutes?
- Is the homestay located on a public transportation route?
- Is the homestay family Native English speakers?
- How many family members, pets and other ESL students in the house?
- Do I get a single room, or a shared room?
- Do I have access to the TV, radio, telephone, Email, computer?
- How much time will the family spend with me each day?
- Do I have a choice of food that is served?
- Will the family prepare food so I do not gain or lose weight ?
- Can I buy my own lunch ( and/or dinner) and pay less for homestay?
- Do I have to do my own laundry outside of the homestay?
For Additional information Go to:
FAQS - Frequently Asked Questions about Canada
How to Choose the Best English School
TLC Registration Form
How to List your Homestay Family
International students have requested a wide variety of accommodations. Some students want; kids, pets, roommates and farm setting. Some students want a single room,
downtown, and be able to walk to school.
Homestay listings should present and explain the facilities, location and amenities. Pictures and description of the homestay, lifestyle and expectations.
For Host Families that want a listing Please send:
Pictures: house, rooms, family
Descriptions: house, family, neighborhood, access to public transportation
Rules: host family rules for the student
Procedures: phone, TV, Internet, Laundry
Activities: what students can expect to be included into.
Prices for a seven day week
1. Room only
2. Room + Breakfast
3. Room + 2 meals a day
4. Room + 3 meals a day
Homestay Family Application Information FORM:
Homestay Registration Form
Google+ Author ID